Monday, February 7, 2011

Can somebody just give this man a hug please...

My firend Ashley sends me these from time to time and omg, are they ever hilarious to read. They're usually always a little cringe-worthy but normal enough... well as normal as posting a missed connection to a total stranger on the internet can be.  This one I'm posting below is in a league of it's own however. 

It starts off funny but quickly becomes a little scary and gut wrenching desperate. I can only wonder how long this has been going on for...

Missed Connections via Kijiji
Carol, with the witty shirt

I was that shy guy on the 94 Eastbound this morning. You had a shirt on that said "the trouble with reality is there is no background music", so I began humming. When you asked me why I was humming I said "no reason" and stopped.

I was humming background music for you.

I would like to "hum" for you some more.

Maybe, if that would be okay with you.
Or coffee.

Please.
I am so very lonely, you are the only human contact I have had in months.

Can I stand next to you tomorrow and hum some more?

(Also, I know your name because of the ID badge you had on. Your hair is very pretty when it is short.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on!!!! Say something!!