Monday, January 31, 2011

I'm 2 for 2

On the day that Jonathan Knight re-confirms his sexual orientation, I am comfronted with my inexplicable attraction to the least masculine member of every boy band I've ever liked. 

NKOTB for example had me swooning for Jonathan knight for years with his shyness and seeming senstivity. His lack of solo's had me angry with the rest of the guys for making him the underdog of the group and therefor needed my attraction to stay relevant. (In my defense, if I would have known what gay meant at that age I think Jordan might have fit my understanding of the word...)

Then years later when I thought I was safe from the appeal of boy bands, enters NSYNC and BSB.  I fought the feelings for a long time, knowing that they were just a well oiled machine that a record company had engineered to destroy real music...

Alas, their power was too strong and Lance Bass had my heart at "Bye Bye Bye"of their second album No Strings Attached. And then broke my heart with his cameo on seveth heaven amking out with Beverley Mitchell...

Once I accepted my failure to boycott formulaic Pop music, I was brainwashed and in love.  You see, another handsome, shy, underdog needed my help and guidance... And there were the others, Christina needed protecting from Britney, Britney needed protection from herself. I was there for all of them...  

In any case, I'm back to normal, still a top 40 kind of girl with a dash of Swedish ballads and music I like to refer to as "sing along-able". But I swear if Kevin from BSB or Brandom Flowers (not really boy band) comes out one day I'm having my head examined...


No comments:

Post a Comment

Come on!!!! Say something!!