Friday, September 10, 2010

I don't get it...

So I'm trying to sell my dinette set on Kijiji.ca and I've had it up before but didn't really actively try to sell it and had some offers here and there in the past but in the end I decided to just keep the table. Now I really want to sell it because I have my "fancy" new kitchen and I want a fancy new something to go with it. Is it financially smart on my part to do so... NO, but do I ever do anything financially smart, NO... so this shouldn't come to any surprise to most of you who know me. 

Anyways in an effort to try and gain a better sale price for my table, I decided to take new photo's of the table, all set up with some plates and placemats... nothing Martha Stewart would find acceptable, but for Kijiji it's pretty darn presentable.  Now here's where my confusion sets in... why did my old shizzy pics yield more responses than my new pics?  Since posting my new pics I've also reduced the price, given more detail in the information box and I ended up with lame responses like $100 and I'll take it off your hands this weekend. Or I'm new to the country, deliver it for me and reduce the price. Uhhh people I'm not running a charity, I am the charity! I'm poor and I need cash, and since I don't have any gold I want to cash in, this is my next best option!!  

So what's a girl to do? Well I reposted the ad and used some old and some new pics. The main pic is an old one... and what do you know... 2 responses already.  While I'm sure there won't be any bidding wars, I did learn a valuable lesson... when using kijiji, make things look as ugly as possible... give little to no detail, therefore enticing the potential buyers to contact you and if you make things look too pretty they might get intimidated.  

A couple is coming to check the table out tomorrow... fingers crossed they offer a good price and take it away... I'm the worst negotiator and could quite possibly end up paying for someone to take it away for me. 

Here's the pics I'm refering too, old than the new:



New pics:

2 comments:

  1. I love that the people got freaked out over place settings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The couple that came on Saturday told me and Curtis that The husband just really liked the plates that I had but thought they check out the table anyways. Guess whose table is not sold?!

    ReplyDelete

Come on!!!! Say something!!